Engineer / Process Engineer - New Product Transfer
All, Operations, Engineering, Production / Manufacturing, Technical, Technical Manager
Dr Laura Merritt
Attractive Salary and Benefits
Our client is a leading manufacturer and technology innovator; providing solutions for security printing, brand protection and document security. One key element to their success is the transfer of new products and processes into full scale manufacturing. An opportunity to join the team for the transfer of new products and technology has arisen. The ideal candidate will have a manufacturing background supported by an excellent understanding of statistical processes and value engineering.
- To ensure that ‘new product developments’ transition into manufacture with well-defined and documented capability
- Develop and implement Product Release process and documentation
- Form and lead the Launch Team for new products
- Support feature optimisation post launch through the initial production runs
New product release:
- Use of APQP or other best practice technology management tools to ensure that product and feature development meets all key deliverables.
- Use of tools such as Gage R&R and Statistical Process Control, to validate process capability.
- Collation of data to produce and maintain a product launch manual.
- Support the Development Team in designing effective experiments that minimise factory overhead.
- Planning and executing Design of Experiments (DoE) and statistical analysis of results to identify key process variables and optimum conditions.
- Work with the Development teams and third party suppliers to ensure best practice is applied through product introduction.
- Formation of a cross-functional launch and introduction team.
- Be a credible authority on new features being introduced into the Delivery function
- Support the Development teams as their products approach the Launch phase through supporting the experimental design and NPI process review and reporting.
Launched product support:
- Validation of third party features using the stage gate process and best practice to minimise factory overhead.
- Assist the business with technical and scientific support, sourced internally or contracted from third parties, such as universities or testing houses.
- Degree qualified or equivalent in Maths, Engineering or Materials Science.
- Six Sigma black belt or similar qualifications.
- Must demonstrate industrial experience in bringing products to market in conjunction with other business functions.
- Must demonstrate commercial experience in building and proposing viable business cases for high cost/value improvement projects.
- Ability to demonstrate Six Sigma projects type projects targeting and realising cost reductions.
- Experience in the following, or similar, is a requirement of the role:
- Using statistical analysis and tools to optimise large scale manufacturing facilities.
- Using statistical tools to fault-find and trouble shoot.
- Applying good statistical and Six Sigma type tools for the introduction of product innovation and development to a production environment.
- Experience using a PPAP type system for product change control or introduction.
- Proficiency in GR&R and Measurement Systems Evaluation
- Ability to utilise root cause analysis tools such as Cause & Effect, 5 Whys, Hypothesis testing, etc
- Knowledge / Understanding of APQP
- Forming and leading teams across functions.
- Defining project success criteria and running feature validation projects.
- Demonstrates good analytical skills and evaluative judgement based on analysis of factual and qualitative information.
- Proficiency in MiniTab or similar.
- Possess a good commercial understanding and is able to connect with the challenges outside of the Materials Development team.
- Demonstrates strong communications skills and able to assist in technical problems solving. Comfortable presenting to an audience, must be fluent in written and spoken English.
- Deliver reports and recommendations in a timely manner as agreed with the customer (internal or external) and is comfortable working in a process driven manner utilising design led product development and Six Sigma methodologies.
- Ability to travel and work away from home for short periods of time, extended periods on occasion.
In return our client is offering an attractive salary and benefits package with opportunity for career development. Role can be located in the North East or preferably Hampshire.
Whitehall is the Recruitment Specialist for the Chemicals, Resins, Pigments, Coatings, Polymers, Pharmaceutical and Science based Industries.
Last Modified Date: