Technical Manager / Senior Laboratory Technician – Flexographic Inks – Derbyshire
All, Technical, Technical Manager, Technician / QC
Dr Laura Merritt
Competitive salary and benefits package
Our client is a well-established manufacturer of water based inks and varnishes with increasing sales in the UK and export market. They are seeking an experienced Ink Technician to lead a small team of technicians in the development of inks and varnishes for the flexographic printing industry. Applicants will have several years’ experience in formulating inks and ideally have supervisory skills.
- Managing existing formulas.
- Colour/Pigment evaluation for new suppliers or products.
- Ink development, e.g. improving existing formulas or designing new products.
- Supervision of quality control.
- Working with or managing 3-4 lab technicians.
- Liaise with production staff and reporting to Operations Manager.
- Interaction with customers and external sales staff.
- Dealing with suppliers and attending meetings with other members of the management team.
- Several years’ experience in the development of flexographic inks, ideally water based.
- Must have excellent colour vision and if possible have experience in the various equipment including Colour spectrophotometer, Brookfield viscometer, grind gauge, bead mills, pH meters.
- Computer literate and competent with word processing and spreadsheets.
- All levels of experience will be considered and training offered to develop into a Management role.
- Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
In return you will have opportunity for career development and a competitive salary and benefits.
Whitehall is the Recruitment Specialist for the Chemical, Polymer, Coatings and Life Science based Industries.
Last Modified Date: