Development Scientist – Full Training Provided - Southern England
London & Home Counties
All, Technical, Chemist / Scientist
Dr Laura Merritt
Attractive Salary and Comprehensive Benefits
Our client is a leading innovator of polymer, coating and printing technology who is currently expanding the UK research teams based in Southern England. They are seeking a talented Scientist to join the multidisciplinary Development team that leads the identification and development of new technology solutions and platforms, which ultimately drives the new product pipeline.
Our client is looking for individuals who have in-depth experience of developing and launching products into B2C markets or B2B markets. Should you be successful, you will embark on a comprehensive training program to provide you with the required knowledge of the products and processes.
Key elements of this role:
- Lead product and feature development projects.
- Provide science based support and analysis to our business, including our manufacturing businesses and commercial teams.
- Support our Procurement and Sales teams in technical conversations with suppliers and customers.
- Form and lead multifunctional teams.
- Present project reviews to senior managers, within the established technology management process.
- Work on the projects of others as a team member to supply support in your area of expertise or proficiency.
- Act as an ambassador for science and technology within our business and with customers
- Liaison with commercial colleagues and stakeholders
- Identification of new technologies relevant to our business needs.
- Idea generation as part of the multidisciplinary team.
You will need to possess the following skills and aptitudes:
- A degree in a Physical Science discipline.
- Broad understanding of a wide range of scientific principles and an ability to identify their application to a variety of technical challenges.
- Innovative and creative thinker, with the ability to recognise potential in technologies.
- Skilled at analysing complex technical problems in a structured and methodical manner.
- Practical aptitude with the ability to anticipate manufacturing and commercial challenges.
- Collaborative team player with strong communication skills.
- Experience or knowledge in printing and coating processes: offset lithography gravure, screen, flexo and general sheet fed and reel to reel process technologies.
- Experience or knowledge in working with: adhesives; water/solvent coatings; inks and pigments.
- Experience of colour chemistry and fluorescence/ phosphorescence.
- Experience in using physical and chemical analytical equipment and test methods.
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK, possess a full driving licence and be willing to drive and travel internationally if required. A highly competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package is in offer.
Last Modified Date: